Our research questions:
1. What are the skills/knowledge/experience currently required by the legal services sector?
2. What skills/knowledge/experience will be required by the legal services sector in 2020?
3. What kind of legal education and training (LET) system(s) will deliver the regulatory objectives of the Legal Services Act?
4. What kind of LET system(s) will promote flexibility, social mobility and diversity?
5. What will be required to ensure the responsiveness of the LET system to emerging needs?
6. What scope is there to move towards sector-wide outcomes/activity-based regulation?
7. What need is there (if any) for extension of regulation to currently non-regulated groups?
Note: research question 7 is not intended to preclude consideration of the need (if any) to deregulate or otherwise revise the form or intensity of regulation of any part of the LET system.