A major output from Phase 1 of the LETR research, completing at the end of January 2012, will be a literature review (in draft) and interactive bibliography. Further information will be posted here.
UPDATE 30.01.12: the draft literature review was submitted on schedule to the Review Executive today. A summary briefing paper on the key themes of the literature review will be published on this site shortly.
UPDATE 09.03.12: the LETR draft literature review, comprising chapters 1-8 with a separate summary, is posted below.
Literature review: summary
1. Framework and methods
LR, chapter 1
2. Legal education, professional standards and regulation
LR, chapter 2
3. Legal education and conduct of business requirements
LR, chapter 3
4. Education standards and entry to formal legal education
LR, chapter 4
5. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accreditation and quality assurance
LR, chapter 5
6. Requirements made of approved providers of legal education and training
LR, chapter 6
7. Current equality, diversity and social mobility issues
LR, chapter 7
8. Key regulatory issues: International comparisons of professions and jurisdictions
LR, chapter 8